Monday 4 May 2009

One week in Romania

One week in Romania, by Rui Patarrana, from Portugal

I start this trip with various views on Romania in the head, but none made by me. Was on the dark what could be expected during that week. Many told me "Do not go, it is very poor," said other "Oh what Rui is only corruption, still get there."
But never call a lot, because even that was a total misery, I take this experience to the maximum. And that is what happened.
When I arrived to the airport in Bucharest, I encountered a completely different reality from ours, which I to confess that was a little shocking, along the journey by bus to reach Constance which could view from inside the bus was a nice flat, all very green, and all very rural. For a moment I thought, "but I will be going to the house of a farmer. "After 4 hours of travel, and many nerves on top of how was that of my host family, school, everything. I noticed that was a city, should, with many gray car everywhere.
I will tell you that my family was even 5 stars for me, even if a family had many possessions and where the salary does not stretch, it is important to stress that the minimum wage is € 170 and the cost of living does not much of our escape. Well as I was saying, my family was super nice, it was accepted as a son and I never missed anything. Even without much money, going always with a smile from ear to ear, and was not why I do not live happily, which filled me with pride because here in Portugal say they all live evil but when we are in that situation with much less, yet we are happy, only in the even stronger to continue to live, and give value to these people really fighting for is life, always with a smile.
In my opinion, very sincere, and I am lucky to have visited many countries, I can say that Romania as a country not a country so very great at the monuments, shops, bars, but what makes the Romania is a country that will certainly come back to visit, and certainly the people, the hospitality. People are even spectacular, an extreme kindness, and to make people forget all that gray, and see the country with a different air. Love of truth, have spent this week in Romania, was a unique experience made me see things with other eyes, especially to give value to everything we have, both material goods, such as friends, family, all right. Besides all this, was very good meeting new people, new cultures, learn a new language and try progress with my English which is a bit rusty. But it is clear that the best experience of this, and know new people, new friends and hang on a good time with our new friends. This is what I draw from this experience, for me made me grow in many ways, and no doubt I want to return Romania, and has the possibility to participate in this project back on anything that might help.
Rui Patarrana (11ºC)

5 comments:

Lilizinha said...

Gostei do texto Rui. Continua a escrever

Lilizinha said...

Congratulations Rui. Wellcome to our blog.

guida lucena said...

Então e fotos? Dizem que uma imagem vale por mil palavras, então talvez algumas fotos possam mostrar as realidades de que falas (e bem...): terras, pessoas, escola, amigos...

Paulo Diegues said...

hey guys/kids i really like your impressions about the trip.
one can see some heart in what u write. i really liked this trip also.

Lee said...

Rui Patarrana,smile really is that makes you go forward regardless of obstacles, it is good that you took everything from beauty, I appreciate your honest words, bravo!