Monday 17 November 2008

Portuguese Students



Gonçalo Castro
Hello! I'm one of the portuguese students, my name is Gonçalo, which I recognise, it's a little bit hard to pronounce. I'm 17 years old, and I'm from a city near Lisbon, called Almada, which is also where my school( Escola Secundária Anselmo de Andrade) is located. So, about me...I'm a fun, outgoing kind of person, with my own ideals and thoughts. I'm always opened to new things, new experiences, one of them being this trip. I love sports, especially paintball, which is also my favourite hobbie. In my free time, and when I'm not playing paintball, I love playing guitar, going to the beach, going to see a movie, anything will do just fine, as long as I'm with my friends. I'm currently at the 11th grade, and I would like to follow a Journalism or a Publicity/Advertising career. Oh, I almost forgot to mention, I love music. I breathe music. Especially rock, being my favourite bands Machine Head, Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot, among others... I'm typing this text at 1am now, and I don't know what else to say, except my hope that we might become good friends, and I can't wait to meet you all!

Margarida Hourmat


Hello world and surroundings! I'm Margarida, am sixteen years old and live in Almada (it is perfectly understandable if you haven't heard of it because no one has. After all, our purpose will be to show you a bit more of it!). But just so you know, it's right in front of Lisbon.
I live with my parents and occasionally grandma stays here with us too. I have an elder brother but he's already moved in with his girlfriend.
I can't say I'm te craziest girl that ever lived. Not by far. I'd say my hobbies are pretty "calm". I love reading, going to the cinema, (especially with my friends or my mother), watching films or series at home, writing letters/e-mails, making my own cards, going to the beach (not very advisable at the moment), collecting seashells (while we're there, playing with Sirius... Sirius is the orange four-year old cat that once stole a steak from the kitchen and placed it on my bed. Adorable. Oh and I don't know if you're thinking this but no, he wasn't named after Harry Potter. He was named after the star. Also, we have a gold fish who recently turned albino and has suffered some homicide (fishicide?) attempts.
I can't say I'm a fanatic for sports, but I love volleyball and rhythmic gymnastics (which I practiced for about four years). Unfortunately, I only get to practice volleyball at school... I also like soccer, especially watching it but I'm playing, I'd like being the goalkeeper. After school, I practice gymnastics every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I care about school a great deal, always doing my best at it. Since I was little, I've always wanted to be a writer. I like Languages in general (especially translating) and History. Sometimes I'm a bit of an individualist person. Though laughing is one of the greatest human gestures, I know when to take things seriously.
I always wanted to join a program like this one, of exchanging so I'm absolutely excited about it! So I suppose I'll see you all on 17th November. See you then!
Oh right, on the photo, I'm the one with the glasses and necklace.


Mariana Castro

Hi there everyone! My name is Mariana Castro (No, i'm not Gonçalo's sister) and I'm 16 years old. I live in a small town called Seixal, but as you may discover i'm studing in Almada, 20 minutes away. I would like to be a photojournalist, maybe to work with National Geographic magazine/tv (I know, i know, it's really hard, but i'll try it anyway). I love oriental cultures, and i practice yoga. Besides that i'm taking art and theater lessons. Above all, i adore traveling. My lifetime goal is to travel all around the world, backpacking (as you, i'm also crazy, i know). I'm not ambicious, maybe i should be, but when i put something in my mind i'll probably do it. So, i wont tell you everything about me right now, we'll have plenty of time to get acquainted. See you soon!






No comments: